Trade Paperback and Hardcover Publishing Agreement
Water Forest Press
All reference to Water Forest Press (WFP) includes Skyline Publications, the primary publisher.
1)Rights of Ownership: You are the sole owner/s and author/s of the Material and have the exclusive right and authority to submit the Material to Water Forest Press upon the terms and conditions set forth herein, and none of the rights granted herein will libel or defame any third party or otherwise violate the rights of any third party, whether under copyright or otherwise. Your submitted Material is your original work.
2) The Material submitted to Water Forest Press is voluntarily and not in confidence, and no confidential or fiduciary relationship between you and Water Forest Press exists or is being created by the agreement or by your submission of Material.
3) Water Forest Press shall have the right to refuse services if it deems in its sole and absolute discretion that you have violated the agreement and the terms and conditions set forth herein, which includes the submission of defamatory or illegal Material.
4) You shall defend, indemnify and hold Water Forest Press/Skyline Publications harmless from and against all liability, demands, losses, damages, claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from or relating to the services we provide to you, or any breach or claim of breach of this agreement. Under no condition or circumstances (including but not limited to negligence), will Water Forest Press be responsible to you for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages or losses which you may incur in relation to your use of our services or in relation to any of the data or Materials transmitted through or existing within Water Forest Press, even if Water Forest Press/Skyline Publications has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
5) Water Forest Press/Skyline Publications does not act as a representative to writers and/or artists in any manner whatsoever.
6) It is your sole responsibility to protect your Material, including filing or registration with the United States Copyright office.
7) Water Forest Press does not guarantee that any requests for books or sales will be made for your Material that we publish.
8) Water Forest Press/Skyline Publications may have access to literary ideas that may be similar or identical to your Material in theme, idea, plot, character or other respects. You will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use of any such similar or identical Material that may have been independently created by any author, artist or publisher or industry professional dealing with Water Forest Press.
10) Water Forest Press does not attest to, or guarantee the validity or legitimacy of any of the industry professionals that will be queried on your behalf. WATER FOREST PRESS does not represent itself as having a relationship with any agents, sellers, buyers or distributors nor does it intend to imply that any agents, sellers, buyers, or distributors have requested that Material be sent to them for consideration.
11) You understand that there is a service fee involved, and upon agreement acceptance and contract signing, ˝ deposit of agreed upon fees will be paid to WATER FOREST PRESS. Upon author/artist acceptance of pdf galleys and hard copy book proofs, balance in full is to be paid to WATER FOREST PRESS before final book orders are placed.
12) You understand that the fees for Water Forest Press services are non-refundable.
13) You hereby grant Water Forest Press the right to send emails, written correspondence, sample books and any other promotional and/or marketing materials on your behalf to any industry professionals we deem appropriate for the purpose of book placement, distribution and sales. WATER FOREST PRESS is not held responsible for any damages, legalities or as a result of submissions to agents, sellers, buyers, or distributors of your material in manuscript or book format.
(14) Water Forest Press reserves the right to edit any part of submitted material if it deems the material unsuitable or for formatting purposes. All revisions will be approved and agreed upon by authors and artists.
15) When submitting your material to WATER FOREST PRESS to pass on to a third party for consideration, you agree that WATER FOREST PRESS cannot be held liable or responsible for the actions of the third party (ie., agent, distributor, seller, buyer) subsequent to receiving and reviewing and/or distributing the material.
16) In order to comply with legislation, you hereby agree to have your full address added to your submitted material for WATER FOREST PRESS files. This address will be the one you have provided at the time of placing your order by credit card or check. You must also include your legal name on any contracts. Pen name may be used for book publishing. WATER FOREST PRESS will use your name as a contact for promotional, marketing, and distributional purposes.
17) You hereby state that you have read and understand this agreement, that you are 18 years or older, and that you are in full agreement.
Home | About | Services | Options | Submissions | Mission | Contact Us | Night Wind Publishing | Legal | Consent